1.09.2012

Christmas part II



This year R and I decided that instead of spending lots of money [that we don't have] that we would make each other presents. At first I thought this would be a genius idea. Then I had to come up with something. What do you get a guy that can do everything? I mean does he really want me to make him furniture or decorations? What kind of guy really wants that? Then there's the whole problem of keeping it secret. Where do I do these projects without R finding out? Especially someone so cleaver like R who hates secrets.

Finally after a million bad decisions I decided to draw charcoal pictures of R and I. I felt good about it..... until I started to draw. Have you ever tried drawing a picture of you husband? How do you draw a picture of someone that you love so much. Who when you look at them you see a million memories, a million dreams, and a million butterflies? Then how do you draw yourself? Try drawing a picture of your own worst enemy. Good luck. I think I drew over 15 photos of each of us and I'm still not satisfied. I finally just had to say it's the thought that counts right. Lets hope so...

Besides all the stressfulness and craziness before Christmas, it was the best time giving each other our gifts. We were both acting like giddy little children so excited for Christmas morning. But this time it was to give instead of get. I was so nervous giving R his gift that I was literally shaking when R opened it. I think it went ok. He says he loves them. [it might be a lie, but I'll take it]

Ryley made me an amazing chandelier. It is absolutely beautiful! Seriously, what an amazing man! He came up with the idea. [not one hint] I was completely surprised and wowed. I am married to such a talented person! Score for me.

Because it was such an awesome experience we decided that we are going to make presents for each other every year. I'm super excited to start one of our own traditions as a family. I know it is going to be one of our favorites. Yea for Christmas! Yea for Ryley.

5 comments:

McKenzie said...

both of your presents are amazing! and i love your new blog header! i wish we would have known you guys were here for christmas cause we were just bummin around!

p.s. what are you doing feb. 10th? i wanna come see you!

Rae said...

This sort of choked me up. What amazing gifts to each other. I think your pictures are amazing! Seriously, you both are so talented.
All I want for my wedding one day is some piece of art you made to put in my house. One day!!!

Michelle said...

What a fun cute idea! That makes your presents so special! This would never fly in my house....your lucky you married a talented man!

Rachael said...

wow! you guys are so talented. amazing work!

Jules said...

I love the new blog header, and those drawings are so wonderful I just might steal the idea . . .