2.16.2011

I've spent my last hour stalking other people's lives through their blogs. Some about home decor, some fashion, some telling long and funny and frustrating stories about their lives. It makes me feel connected to people in a way. Connected to people I don't even know. It's comforting. But another part of me gets done and thinks to myself, "Chelse. What are you doing with your life. What could you possible blog about? Could you ever write more then a paragraph in your blog and have it come out slightly interesting?" I feel like that answer might be no. But guess what, I'm going to try to do it anyways. I want to because I want to prove to myself that I am happy and that I have hobbies and that I matter.

Sometimes I get so caught up in what I HAVE TO get done such as my dumb job, paying bills, making dinner, cleaning the house, running errands and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong. I save time to blog and to do art and to see R and sometimes friends too. I do enjoy my life, but I think I could do a better job. Sometimes, well most times I end my day thinking "If I wrote or told anyone about my day today they would fall asleep of boredom." That's never a good feeling. This is why I'm going to try to be so good at actually writing about ME and what I'm doing and what I'm feeling instead of Hey look at these cute shoes. It's more for me so don't feel obligated to read. And because this night has turned a bit sour I'm going to write about 5 things happy...

1. I don't have to work tomorrow!
2. I went to a play called Doubt this evening. Our friend Seve was the main man and did an amazing job.
3. I got to catch up with my newly prego friend Jules, Seve's wife, at the play. She's someone I've really come to love and is one of the most real people I've met.
4. I had time to work out today doing Insanity which believe me is definitely insane, but is showing me the results I want.
5. As soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to change into my favorite big men pjs, get a HUGE bowl of ice cream (with chocolate sauce) and watch the late show or start my new book or just lay and do nothing because I deserve that every now and then.

5 comments:

Whittney and Ryan said...

to true to true, i feel the same way! but i love your cute shoes posts ;)

Rae said...

CHELSE! Wanna know something crazy? I've spent the last couple hours also blog stalking. We were totally doing it together. :) And you know what else? I got to thinking randomly about how much I miss and love you. I really wanna hang out. I wish soooooooo badly you could just come out here and hang out with me for a few days. I hope you know you don't ever need an official invite because I'd be super stoked if you ever just called me and said you were coming. Seriously. I miss you like crazy crazy crazy.
Now a few thoughts on your post....you ARE happy and DO have hobbies and most certainly matter. Wanna know a secret? I love when people write long wordy posts, even when they think they're not interesting. Those are my favorite ones. :)
You totally deserve to do nothing for sure! (I've been doing a lot of that lately.) And I'm currently in some big man sweat pants I bought at a sporting goods store, and a huge hoodie that I stole from Mitch seven years ago. It is my comfiest, warmest outfit. :)
Love you and miss you tons.

Jules said...

Chelse, I LOVE your blog and always find it interesting, whether it be a post on cute shoes or updates on your life. Thanks so much for the compliment, after a morning of puking it has totally made my day! We need to hang out more!

Michelle said...

I love this POST! I feel the same way when I look at other blogs and this is even sadder....when I watch reality TV shows! Sometimes I just feel Lame! I also want to do insanity! You'll have to tell me what you think!

the hawker's said...

i don't think you know me, but i know all the shaums. and i really like your blog. and when i am busy blog stalking, i always stop by here.

keep up your blog. it's creative and entertaining. you make the cutest things. and i love your taste in fashion and what you have to say.

just thought you would like to know.
...alex {egbert} hawker