11.09.2010

Travel Case

This has been my most recent project, a beautiful travel case I picked up at thrift store Deseret Industries. I got it for a whopping $2. It needed a little work. I had to completely gut the inside, cut new card board, re-fabric, and put it back together. Luckily I had some fabric laying around that worked perfect. I covered the inside with a dark, almost pea green and a grey. I then covered the center attachment piece in lace to add a little something. Next I cleaned up the outside with lots of soap + water and added a nice patch for the finishing touch. Now I just need to decide if it's a travel case or my new sewing case. Either way I'm in love.


3 comments:

McKenzie said...

Ummm THIS IS THE MOST AMAZINGEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE AND I CANT EVEN STAND IT YOU ARE AMAZING. the end.

Ashley Aikele said...

This is awesome! You need to submit it to design sponge so they can feature it on their before and after section. It would be perfect!

Ashley Aikele said...

This is awesome! You need to submit it to design sponge so they can feature it on their before and after section. It would be perfect!